- By ivo
- 0 Comments
The hardware depends of the used communication technology according to the following:
• Connection via RS-232 to short distances (maximum 3 m).
This system can only be used when connecting just 1 Juno Net or panel to Odyssey.
2) J-NET-ADV-COMS-RS232-RS485 but with RS232 IC’s fitted
3) Serial cable connecting Panel to PC’s serial port directly
• Connection via RS-485 to long distance (maximum 1200 m).
2) J-NET-ADV-COMS-RS232-RS485 but with RS485 ICs fitted
3) RS232-to-RS485 converter from BB Electronics to be fitted at the PC
4) Cable interconnecting panels and Converter
• Connection via Fiber Optics to longer distance (maximum 4000 m).
3) RS232-to-Fibre Optics converter from BB Electronics (FOSTC) to be fitted at the PC
4) Fiber optic Cable interconnecting panel and Converter. Terminations are ST type and fiber has to be type multimode 125/62.5 um
• Connection via TCP/IP using LAN (Local Area Networks).
3) Computer (PC) needs to be fitted with an Ethernet board